DANCING | Workshop Brian Puspos Nijmegen

zondag, maart 02, 2014


On Wednesday the 26th of February I went to Nijmegen with two friends to follow a workshop given by one of the most talented dancers I know: Brian Puspos! I love to share the story with you guys, so enjoy reading and watching!

I was super excited when I saw someone posted on our Facebook 'dancepage' that Brian would be giving a workshop. He asked who was coming with him, well, I was, of course! So I ordered my ticket immediately! Brian is a member of Mos Wanted Crew, they are very famous! Brian also choreographed Justin Bieber's Beauty and a Beat music video and Brian received a couple of awards, including Choreographer of the year 2012!


It was the first time I was traveling by train and bus without my parents, so I didn't know anything about it. That's why they were making fun of me, haha! It was busy so we had to stand, but the boys are some smooth gentlemen, so they let me sit on the stairs, and then took this charming picture hahahaha! When we arrived at Nijmegen-Centraal, we took the 'hipsterbus' to the workshop. And because I've never been in a bus before, I almost fell when the bus drove away, which was a little bit awkward... Finally we arrived, it was very busy and Brian was late, but in The Netherlands we are used to that! I needed to go to the bathroom and while I was waiting, I saw one of the dancers of the Dutch 'So You Think You Can Dance': Redouan. It was very funny, because I was going crazy about him every time I saw him dancing on sytycd. One of my friends knows that, because we used to send messages in the 'danceapp' on Whatsapp during sytycd. Finally Brian arrived and we started dancing.

Brian thought us a part of one of his latest choreo's: Motel Pool.



It was kinda advanced, and I need a night of sleep until I know the steps and the timing, so it was a little bit hard for me, but it was an amazing experience! He was very kind and funny. At the end Brian picked some people to show the choreo and then did he the full version of the choreo, which one of my friends filmed, thank you if you read this! :)



Thi, a Dutch YouTuber vlogged at the workshop, so I asked him if I could use it for this post, which was okay! Please subscribe to his channel, he is very funny!


At the end of the workshop, I asked Redouan for a picture. He was in a hurry, but it was okay. He also took one with one of the friends. If you don't know Redouan, please watch one of the sytycd video's, because he is amazing! (and handsome!)


I'm very proud to have this picture :). I don't have a picture with Brian, unfortunately. I know someone took a picture of the entire group, but I don't know where I can find it. If I find it, I'll post it on the Facebook page!

We left the building and took the 'hipsterbus' to Nijmegen-Centraal where I bought a nice cup of my favorite Starbucks Coffee: Caramel Macciato! We didn't have to wait long, because the train arrived in five minutes. But... when we were two stations away from where we had to get off the train, Veenendaal, the train stopped. Someone jumped in front of the train in front of us, so the train wasn't able to go further... We had to go back to Arnhem and we were stressing a little bit, because there were no more trains going to Veenendaal! Finally I called my parents and they picked us up at station Oosterbeek and drove us home. I went to sleep at 00:45 and I had to get up at 06:20, because I had to go to school. I was so freaking tired,  but very happy at the same time! When I got home from school, I practiced the choreo and I think I'm doing it well now, yeahh! I also watched other people's video's of the workshop and then I realized I just did a BRIAN PUSPOS WORKSHOP!

I am really inspired by Brian. I think he is one of the most talented dancers and choreographers. It was an amazing experience, so thanks Brian, if you read this ;).

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Leuk dat je een reactie achterlaat! Ik lees en beantwoord alles! :) Helaas worden anonieme reacties verwijderd, tenzij je naam in de reactie vermeld staat.